We are a COVID-safe clinic: these are the measures we’ve taken to ensure safety
Since the beginning of the health crisis we have implemented different safety and preventative measures against coronavirus at URE Centro Gutenberg. These actions have allowed us to declare ourselves a COVID 19-safe clinic. Today we want to explain to you why.
As you can probably imagine, our main goal is to reduce the impact of the pandemic on our patients to the extent possible. At the same time, our plan is also aimed at mitigating the potential effects on assisted reproduction treatments.
Following this line of thought, we are extremely pleased and grateful that we can now tell you that our clinic’s personnel were vaccinated during the months of February and March. This is one more step in the right direction towards regaining the normalcy we’ve been craving. However, until we are completely back to normal we will keep on following the prevention protocols our clinic has established.
Next, we have provided a summary of the measures we have taken at our Assisted Reproduction Unit and which have allowed us to become a COVID-safe clinic. We will also be answering some of the frequently asked questions we receive from patients regarding the testing that is necessary in order to undergo fertility treatment in times of COVID.
What COVID-19 measures have we taken for your safety and the safety of our staff?
We’ve listed everything in detail here:
- We are constantly updating our safety measures to control the pandemic.
- We are continuously performing health screenings on our patients and staff.
- We are reinforcing sanitary measures throughout the clinic.
- All patients and staff are required to wear masks.
- All patients and staff are required to wash their hands when they come into the building.
- We’ve installed physical safeguards such as screens and face shields.
- We’ve limited the seating capacity of our waiting areas.
- We are leaving gaps between appointment times to help maintain safe distances between people.
- We provide timely and accurate information regarding any possible changes to these safety measures.
- We’ve installed an air purification and disinfection system which integrates the latest state-of-the-art technology patented by Novaerus. It’s a system that destroys airborne pathogens, which are the precursors to infection in indoor spaces.
What guidelines must you follow when you come to your appointment at our fertility clinic in Spain?
In addition to everything mentioned above, there are several other points you must keep in mind if you have an appointment with us. They are the following:
- Please refrain from coming to the clinic if you have symptoms of COVID-19. This includes fever, a cough or respiratory difficulties over the last 10 days. Please call to keep us updated and we will monitor your progress and give you a new appointment.
- Please refrain from coming to the clinic if you have been in contact with someone over the last 10 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or who you suspect may have COVID-19. Please call to keep us updated and we will monitor you and give you a new appointment.
- Please arrive to your appointment on time and refrain from arriving too early (or late) to your scheduled time. This is so that we can prevent unnecessary delays in the waiting areas.
- Please maintain a safe distance of at least 1.5 metres (5 feet) from other patients both in waiting areas as well as throughout the rest of the clinic.
- Please attend your appointment unaccompanied. If this is not possible you may bring a maximum of one other person.
- Please apply hand sanitising gel upon entering the clinic. This way your hands will be properly disinfected.
- Please allow our staff to take your temperature when you come into our Assisted Reproduction Unit.
- Please remember to wear a mask. The use of a mask is required in all areas of Centro Gutenberg.
- Please make payments using a credit card or bank transfer if possible. This is a way to avoid the exchange of cash.
Will we perform any COVID-19 tests on you during your fertility treatment?
Yes. To start with we will ask you to complete a medical screening questionnaire before beginning treatment. With this questionnaire we want to rule out any suspicion of COVID-19.
As your treatment dates approaches, whether you’ll be undergoing an insemination, egg collection or embryo transfer, we will perform a test to detect COVID-19. Additionally, depending on availability, we can also carry out viral or serology tests on patients suspected of having COVID-19.
In the event that a patient has the infection, confirmed either by symptoms or the results of the tests carried out, we will recommend cancelling your treatment for your own safety and for the safety of our medical staff.
What can you do to reduce the risk of transmission during your treatment?
By now you are likely well aware of the measures you must follow in order to protect yourself from COVID-19. At any rate, at URE Centro Gutenberg we recommend that you follow these guidelines:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap or alcohol solution.
- Point your nose and mouth towards the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, as your hands carry germs and can spread the virus.
- Utilise disposable tissues and discard them in a wastebasket after their use.
- Wear a protective face mask.
- Keep a safe distance between yourself and others.
- Avoid crowds and public transport.
- Limit your social interactions, especially between different groups of people.
- Limit trips to those that are strictly necessary.
- Inform the clinic about any changes to your health or the health of those in your circle.
Do you have any questions? Is there anything you’re unsure about regarding treatments and procedures at our clinic during the pandemic? Contact us! Our staff will be happy to help answer any questions you may have.
Also, if you have any questions about COVID-19 vaccination or pregnancy, you may want to read this article we posted.
Lo siento, debes estar conectado para publicar un comentario.