How to announce you’re pregnant: ten fun and original ways
If you’ve been waiting for a positive pregnancy test for some time now, you’ll certainly want to announce it in a special way as soon as you get one. Even more so if your eagerly‑awaited pregnancy arrives after years of infertility on the road of assisted reproduction, right? That’s why today we want to contribute to the celebration by giving you some ideas about how to announce that you’re pregnant in a fun, original way.
This article is to celebrate your positive pregnancy test. Something that both you and your partner, if you have one, have been wishing for and anticipating for some time now. And what’s better than revealing your big news to friends and family in a unique way!
Original ideas to announce that you’re pregnant
For inspiration, we carried out a search that will help us. And we found tons of advice! We found that Instagram in particular, today’s leading social media network, is replete with ideas for sharing the news that you’re pregnant.
We’ve discovered really unique ways to share this wonderful news with your loved ones, and at the same time immortalise the memory by capturing it in a picture. We’ve included the sweetest and most original ideas here. Do you want to hear them? Keep on reading!
- Who hasn’t played Scrabble at some point? Well, pretend that you and your partner are in the middle of an exciting game. On the game board, add some words that are related to pregnancy: pregnant, baby on the way, nursery… Now all you need to do is take a picture and send it!
- Do you live near the beach? If so, you can write your message in the sand. What can you say? There are a thousand ideas, but one that struck us as especially loving and tender was: 1+1= ❤
- If you’re a book worm, you’ll be running to the closest shop to find the best book on maternity. Once you have it, take a selfie while reading it and… let everyone figure it out!
- This idea isn’t the most original, but it’s definitely one of the sweetest ones, and it’s when you already have a little one at home. You can also do it with a pet! You have a lot of options to choose from. From a t-shirt with a direct message (“I’m going to be an older brother/sister!”, “All heroes need a sidekick”, etc.), a chalkboard/sign where you can write fun and/or sweet messages… Be as creative as you want!
- Another idea that’s a lot of fun is a picture of the ultrasound. It can be romantic, such as a picture of you and your partner kissing and holding the image from the ultrasound. Or, you could also place the picture on the bed and decorate with something you already have for the baby (little shoes, a bow, a dummy/pacifier…).
- Another picture that is really unique is a photo of shoes. A picture of your shoes and your partner’s shoes, along with little baby booties. And the photo can be taken anywhere! On the beach, in the mountains, in bed peeking out from under the sheets (in this case, this picture is generally taken with bare feet)…
- Another really cute idea is a picture of clothes hanging from a clothesline. For this idea you’ll need to prepare a sign and place it in the middle of your clothes. You can write something like “More clothing expected on…” and insert your due date here. This will cause more than one friend’s or family member’s jaw to drop!
- Do you like cooking? What about preparing a special cake? Once it’s ready, and with the oven door open, take a picture and write something like “Preparing a bun”. You could also include your due date.
- You also have the option of drawing something on your belly. This is one of the most popular ways to reveal that you’re pregnant. Here you can let your imagination soar! One that we loved was a drawing of a battery being charged and the estimated due date underneath. This one is crystal clear, right?
- And now last but not least, this one is for the most impulsive of people … a picture taken the split second after taking the pregnancy test. And now to prepare a mailing list of all your favourite people!
Other ways to announce your pregnancy
As you can see, there are tons of original ways to announce that you are pregnant. Some are more sweet and moving, but this depends a lot on the family. Ultimately, the point is to find a way to share your wonderful news with the people who love you.
By doing a quick search using key words such as “I’m pregnant”, “baby on the way” or “baby on board” on social networks such as Instagram or Pinterest, you’ll find hundreds of ideas. And you’ll certainly find the inspiration you need!
We also encourage you to discover some real stories from patients who have come to our fertility clinic in Spain for treatment. In these testimonies, patients talk to us about maternity and about what it was like going through assisted reproduction treatment. And they also share interesting advice for moms‑to‑be!